Friday 18 March 2016

How I clean my makeup brushes!

Welcome back ☺
Today I am going to be showing you guys how I clean my makeup brushes. It's really quite simple, I do this probably once every 2 months, I'm not sure if this is enough I probably should be cleaning them more often, but this is just what I do at the moment. 

I didn't wash all of my brushes for this post because they didnt all need washing I just washed the ones that needed a good cleaning ☺





Step 1: The first step is to gather your makeup brushes/sponges that need to be cleaned!







Step 2: Then find a towel that you can use to place your wet brushes when you are done. I then fold up the top so I can lay them at a slant sort of thing, I'm not too sure why I do this I think its just so the water can leak out of the brush and not ruin the hairs or something, I dont know :/







Step 3: Find the product you would like to use. I don't have proper brush cleaning solution, I usually use shampoo but today I decided to use this gently moisturizing hand wash, and this seemed to work ok.















Step 4: The next thing you need to do is to wet your brush that you are cleaning, and wet your hand. Then I squirt a bit of the product I am using in my hand and I simply swirl the brush around in the soap, I do this repeatedly and you can see all the product come out and once you have done this for a while the brushes should look clean and there should be no more makeup residue on your hand




Step 5: Once your brushes are all soapy and clean, you then hold the brushes under a running tap and make sure that all the soap has come off the brush. I then do the same thing to all of my brushes.









 Step 6: When I clean my beauty blender I first wet the sponge and soak it under water, then I squirt some of the product on the beauty blender and kind of rub it in.






Step 7: The next thing I do is squeeze the sponge repeatedly and also place it under a running tab and squeeze it. Then I go back in with more soap and repeat this process until I think the sponge is clean and the water runs clear when you squeeze the beauty blender.








Step 8: The next step when cleaning my beauty blender is to hold it under a running tap and squeeze it repeatedly to make sure all the soap is out so when you squeeze it no bubbles or soap should come out it should just be clean water.









Step 9: Then the final step is just to place all your brushes on the towel, tilting downwards with the hair side on the bottom like so, and leave them to dry. My brushes have been sitting in the bathroom drying for about 5 hours now but I don't think they really need to be left for that long I just clean them after I do my makeup for the day then just leave them and forget about them and when I come back they are all clean and dry ☺





If you are wondering what makeup brushes I have, the brushes with the gold tips are just cheap sets that I got from Amazon and ebay. They are so cheap but the quality is actually pretty good for the price, and they get the job done :)
I dont think I will be able to find the exact link, but I will leave a link to where you can get brushes that are pretty much the same.
The second one in from the right is an elf brush, and two along from that is also from elf.
Then the one next to that is an Eco tools concealer brush.

White brush set - Ebay
Black brush set - Amazon




I hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and I hope it was helpful or interesting to some of you :) Let me know in the comments if you have any recommendations for other products I could use to clean my brushes!
Thankyou you so much for reading
Hope you have an amazing day!!



Love Megan Rose ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment