Tuesday 1 December 2015

November Favourites

It is the end of the month, I cant believe we are already in December, this year has gone by so fast!! December is my favourite month of the whole entire year so i am so excited! I absolutely love Christmas, it is the most wonderful time of the year ☺
Because I love Christmas so much I would really like to do alot of Christmas inspired blog posts, so i would love it if you could leave a comment leaving any suggestions of Christmas related blog posts i could do :)

I love trying new makeup products, it is one of my favorite things to do, there are a few new things that i have discovered this month that I have really been loving. 

Beauty  

The first thing I have discovered that has been a complete life saver is a couple of foundations. I always struggle finding the right foundations for me, because i am very pale and have extremely dry skin, so its very rare to find a foundation that matches my skin and doesn't make me look dry and flaky :/
The first foundation that i have discovered that I have been absolutely loving is the Borjois healthy mix serum. I absolutely love this foundation, i have been wearing it almost every day, i think this is probably one of the best foundations i have tried, it is great for people with dry-very dry skin. The colour matches me perfectly, i would say the coverage is light - medium, it doesn't have as much coverage as i would like however, everything else about it is perfect. It has a nice smell to it, and it also feels light on the skin, so you dont really feel like you are wearing any foundation. I bought this foundation from superdrug and the price was £10.99. So it is on the cheaper side compared to high end foundations like mac, and it is very good quality for the price.




The second foundation i have also been loving this month is Rimmel lasting finish foundation (nude). When im not wearing the Borjois foundation I have been wearing this, this is another foundation that i have discovered that is really good for dry skin, it doesnt enhance my dry, flakyness or make me look dull and patchy. I would say it is a medium coverage, this foundation also is very light and doesnt feel thick and cakey on the skin. This foundation is also a good match for my skin tone, so i would say it is good for people with pale skin. I also bought this foundation from superdrug and it was £7.99. A very good cheap price, considering the quality is so good. Love it!





Another product that i have really been liking this month is the collection contour kit, highlight and sculpt. I discovered this product in October and have been loving it ever since. It is a kit with one side highlighting and one side contouring, as you can probably tell by the name ☺
It is so pigmented compared to other drug store bronzers i have used, you only need to apply a little bit to the brush and it goes a long way. the colours of both the highlight and contour are really pretty. I bought this from boots and it is only £3.99!! Such a good price for such a good product, you get both the contour and the highlight for only £3.99, i am so glad i have discovered this, if you dont have the budget for high end makeup then this is a great alternative. 






The next makeup product i have been enjoying is an eye shadow palette. i actually got this in a glossy box, and it is the MUA eye-shadow palette, and it is called "undressed". It has an eye-shadow palette with 12 neutral colours. The colours are quite pigmented and come out really nice when you apply them. This has been my main go to palette for the lat month, i love the variety of colours they have you can create a nice neutral daytime look or go all out for the evening and do a smokey eye. You can get this palette from superdrug for £4, so it is a very good palette if you are on a low budget and want some pretty neutral colours.






Another eye shadow palette i have been loving for a few months now, the palette is called "Laroc premium makeup, 88 natural eye-shadow tones" obviously it has 88 colours. it is amazing, you have so much to choose from and they are such pretty and beautiful colours, you can do so many different looks with this palette, i absolutely love it and it was so cheap for the amount you get. I bought this from ebay and it was only £4.99!! Amazing price for so many eye shadows and they are so beautiful, some shimmer and some matte, and they have great pigment!! 





A lipstick i have been loving this month is by Rimmel and it is in the shade "128 starry-eyed" it is a beautiful dark plum/berry colour, perfect for autumn/winter. I love pairing this with a neutral eye look. I love winter because i have an excuse to wear dark lip products, and i think they are so pretty!







Skincare/hair

A face moisturizer that i have been loving for about 6 months now is the "palmers cocoa butter, daily calming facial lotion" I use this every day, you should use it twice a day but i have been using this every morning before i apply my primer and makeup and it just makes my makeup apply much better and smoother, and it really helps with my dry skin. I get very dry skin on my face and this has really helped, it really moisturizes my face and helps with my dryness. it also smells delicious, it smells like chocolate it is amazing!! it is quite heavy on the skin but i feel like that makes it work better, i just let it sink into my skin and i feel so much more refreshed and soft. I have also had it for 6 months and i am only just running out, it is very cheap so definitely great quality for the price






A lip balm that i have been enjoying, that i also got in a glossy-box is "lanolips lemonaid lip aid" it makes my lips so soft and shiny, it is perfect for this winter weather. it also smells and tastes amazing, it smells like lemonade! ☺




Another skincare product i have enjoyed is the "dirty works" hand cream, my hands become quite dry in the winter months, and this helps alot. it has quite a strong smell, but i dont really mind it, it kind of smells like sun cream. it doesnt take too long to sink in to the skin and doesnt really leave your skin feeling sticky.





One last skin care product i love at the minute is the "Garnier" Micellar cleansing water. I have been using this for about a year and i have been loving it and dont regret buying it, before using this i only used to use makeup wipes but i will never go back to using them because this is so much better. i just apply a little bit of this to 1 or 2 makeup wipes and it is just amazing at removing all of your makeup and you dont have to rub at your eyes really hard like you do when you use makeup wipes. it is only £4.99 and it lasts maybe 5 months depending on how much you use, so i think it is amazing!! Great value for money!!





I have also been liking the batiste dry shampoo. I normally have to wash my hair every single day otherwise it gets so greasy but i know washing your hair too much is bad for it and it is such an effort washing your hair every single day so i have been trying to wash it every other day and on the day that i dont wash it i have been washing this and it does help it to not look so greasy. it smells amazing, however it makes your hair look slightly white, the majority of that goes away when you massage it in but i feel like you can still kind of see the white. but apart from that it has been working great, it also gives the hair alot of volume and texture!




Finally, a smell that i have been wearing almost every day is the Ted Baker body spray. I just spray this on me a couple of times a day all over my body and it smells amazing. it has a slightly sweet smell, and i just really love it. i got bought it in a gift set from my boyfriend and i just love the smell. 

 


That is everything i have been loving this month and for the last few months. i am sorry it has been quite long but this is my first favorites post so i had quite alot to talk about that i enjoy using. If there is anything i have mentioned that you would like to see a full review on then let me know in the comments and i would be happy to!
Thank you

Megan xx




3 comments:

  1. I just bought the garnier micellar water and am so excited to try it out! That huge eyeshadow palette was such a steal, I can't believe it was only 5 pounds! Also now I'm going to have to track down this volumizing batiste dry shampoo, I've never seen it in stores near me

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou so much for your comment! :)
      Yeh the micellar water is amazing trust me!
      I know the eye shadows are such good quality for the price i would seriously reccomend them :)
      And yeh you should dry the dry shampoo out, if you live in the UK you can get it from boots or superdrug or if not you can probably find it online maybe on amazon :)

      Delete
    2. I've just followed you on instagram by the way, your pictures and your blog are amazing!!

      Delete