Saturday 12 December 2015

December glossy box and first impressions!

I have been signed up to glossy box since about July, and i absolutely love it! It is only £13.25 a month including delivery, and i am always so excited for the beginning of the month for when my glossy box arrives, its like my birthday every month ☺
You  get 5 products in the glossy box, with a mixture of full size and sample size beauty products. I'm obsessed! I am going to include links of where you can find all the products from the glossy box, and i will also include a link of where you can sign up for glossy box yourself ☺

I have been so excited for Decembers glossy box,because it is a rose gold edition made in collaboration with beauty blogger "Really Ree" 
Rose gold is my absolute favorite thing in the whole entire world, and you also received an extra product in this months box,because it is almost Christmas!!! so i was so excited, i was literally non stop sitting at my door waiting for it to arrive ☺








Isnt this box just GORGEOUS!!! I am obsessed with it this is definetly going to be going pride of place onmy dressing table, i love it so much ♥









The first product i saw in the box once i carefully and neatly unwrapped it ☺ Was the "Starskin calming bio-cellulose second skin facial mask", i have never used or even seen this before but i love using normal face masks so i am so excited to give this one a try.


 Starskin calming bio-cellulose second skin facial mask
  • Bio-cellulose sheet face mask
  • Formulated with fermented coconut juice
  • Moulds to the face like a second skin
  • Aims to prevent breakouts and smooth the face
  • Balances the skin's sebum 
  • Designed to improve the complexion 
  • Aims refine the pores and purify the skin
  • Suitable for all skin types 
  • Price is around £8








The second item i recieved was the "Hylamide pore delete, instant surface perfecter (sample)

 I wasnt so sure about this product, it looked a little scary. I tried this once and i didn't really get on with it, i dont know if it is just because i didnt apply it properly or what but, the instructions says to apply after foundation if you are wearing makeuo and i done this and it just completely removed my foundation where i applied this, i patted really gently and only used light pressure but it still completely rubbed off my foundation so then i had to reomove it, because where i applied this i was left with a sticky residue and i had to do my foundation all over again.
i'm not sure why this didnt work for me it may just be because i didnt use it correctly but the full price of this is around £18. If you would like to give it a try and take a look for yourself then you can click here








The next product in the box was this "so susan, statement skin" highlighting stick. (Full size) | Shade Starlight
 I was a little bit disappointed when i first saw this because i had previously recieved a "so susan" highlighting pencil in a previous glossy box, it was called "Haute light, highlighting pencil" and i really didnt enjoy it, it didnt come out atall, unless i literally stabbed my face with it, you had to press so hard, and then i was just left with streakes where my foundation had been rubbed off and red lines where i had rubbed so hard ( I even tried burning the tip with a lighter, to see if that would work... it didnt)
However i tried this one and i actually quite like it, the formula is alot more creamy and softer so easier to apply and blend. it is quite a goldy shade ND personally i think it is a very pretty highlighter and i have used it a few times now ☺ 
The full price is £15 and you can buy it from here

 







The next item in the glossy box was this glittery nail varnish by "Collection", the colour of this is cosmic stars.
 I havnt yet tried this product but i am sure it is pretty good, collection makeup and cosmetics usually are quite good and very affordable too. it is a sparkly, glittery top coat great for december!! You can buy this from boots or superdrug or from the collection website. The price of this is £2.99!









 The next product is this "essence liquid lipstick" in the shade 04 Show off. (full size)
It is a 2-in-1, product which combines the coverage of a lipstick and the glossyness of a lipgloss. I have tried it once and i really liked it, it did really have quite good coverage, this isnt normally my colour because i dont normally wear pinks, but i actually really like this, it has great coverage and it is very glossy!










The final item in the box is this "etre belle golden caviar skin roll-on" 
I have never heard of this brand before, and i wasnt really sure what this product was until i researched.
"The Gold Caviar Complex combined with Pullulan, a highly effective skin-firming active ingredient, instantly soothes, relaxes and refreshes tired skin around the eyes.
The cool, revitalising texture of the gel delivers maximum hydration and relaxes swollen eyelids, making the area around the eyes look visibly firmer and refreshed with the radiance of youth"

I have tested this twice and i dont notice it doing much but it feels really cold, cool and refreshing around the eyes so i enjoy using it when im feeling tired :)
The price is 20 Euros
You can buy it from their original website


There are a few products in this box that i love and am very excited to use! I am normally generally happy with the majority of items i recieve from the glossybox, and for only £13 i think it is really great value for money, because i love trying new makeup and beauty products!

If you would like to take a look and try this for yourself you can click here and you will be redirected to the sign up part of the website where you are able to sign up yourself!


Thanks for reading, and let me know if you use glossy box yourself and if you recieved the december box, and what your favourite product was! ☺♥

Love Megan xx




3 comments:

  1. I've read so many blog posts about Glossyboxs - I really want to sign up!! I think after reading your blog post I will! You've got some lovely things :) x

    http://www.itsjessiejane.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! You should you get some really good stuff it's really worth it 😊

      Delete
  2. Great post, I need to try glossy box as I've heard good reviews about it! Love the gold edit xz

    ReplyDelete