Tuesday 1 March 2016

February Faves!

Welcome to my February favorites! I am going to be showing a few things that I have been loving not just in February but also from the last few months, because I dont think I have done one of these since November. This is going to be a long one but i hope you enjoy!
If you want a shorter version then you can watch my video on YouTube which will be going up on Thursday on my channel!






Skincare Faves





So the first thing I have been loving for probably almost a year now is the "Garnier micellar cleansing water" I think this was in my November favorites, but I still love this so much, I will honestly never go back to makeup wipes again, with makeup wipes you have to proper scrub to get the makeup off and i have sensitive skin so i just end up with a sore red face, but with this the makeup comes off so much easier and it does not leave my skin feeling sore and irritated. I just use 1 or 2 cotton pads apply a little bit of this and wipe my makeup off, it comes of so easily, I just frickin' love this!!
















My next favorite from February is this "Nivea, vanilla & Macadamia lip butter" I have also been loving this for about 6-8 months now. The smell of this is bloody amazing, I absolutely love it, I put it on my lips and I just want to eat it, it tastes and smells amazing :)
It makes my lips really soft and nourished and moisturized! You only need a little bit though because if you use too much then you just get white residue all over your mouth (that sounds a tad bit weird)









So the next thing I have been loving, is another lip balm. I have been loving this "Zoella, sweet mint, lip balm" I got this from a set for Christmas. The smell is amazing, as you can guess it smells minty, but sweet, it makes you feel so fresh!
The quality is really good and it makes my lips so soft and moisturized, i use this pretty much everyday, I love it!
I dont know if this is available anymore because i cant find it online anywhere which is sad :( You might be able to find it on eBay










My next favorite is a face moisturizer, I suffer with dry skin on my face and I hate it because it means when I apply my foundation it just looks flaky and horrible, so it stops me from wearing foundation. So i try and find moisturisers that help to reduce and minimize my dry skin. The one that i have found that works the best so far is the "Garnier, moisture nourish, dry to very dry skin, daily moisturizer" I apply this every morning before i apply my makeup, and it really does help to reduce my dry skin, i haven't yet found a moisturiser that completely reduces it, but this is the best one i have tried so far.

if you have any recommendations for face moisturisers for dry skin, then please leave them in the comments :)











Next up, is a body moisturiser that i have been loving for quite a while. It is the "Vaseline, spray & go body moisturiser, with cocoa butter" I love this moisturiser so much because it is a spray and you simply spray it on you, do a quick rub then its done and pretty much sinks into the skin straight away, i hate it when you put on moisturiser and it is all wet and sticky and you have to just stand there for like half an hour not able to touch anything. You dont have to do that with this, it just sinks in straight away. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and it also smells amazing :)



















Next, is once again, another lip balm! Because we have been in winter and it has been getting very cold, my lips have been quite dry so I've been trying out lots of different lip balms to see what ones work the best. I received this lip balm in a glossy box. It is the "lanolips, lemonaid lip aid with lemon oil" It smells like lemons/lemonade. It also tastes amazing :)
The formula is also really nice and makes my lips really soft.

















Makeup Faves








My next favorite is a mascara. I struggle to find mascaras that I really like, I still haven't found the perfect mascara, but I have been enjoying this one a lot. It is the "Maybelline, lash sensational mascara". I bought this a couple of months ago. It gives you length and a little bit of volume, it also doesn't clump, which is one thing that i really hate is when you use a mascara and your lashes just clump together, I usually use one or two coats of this, and i really like the result.





















My next makeup favorite that I have been loving is this "Revolution, 144 eye shadow palette" I got this for Christmas and i absolutely love it! There are so many pretty, different colors to choose from. whether you want a neutral eye look, a smokey eye or something more colorful! :)
I love this palette because you have so much choice and can create so many different looks.
The pigment of these eye shadows is also so good, this isn't a high end palette but the colour pay off is extremely good, and the colours are so pretty.


















Another palette I have been enjoying is the "w7 in the buff palette" Which i bought from Tk maxx about a year ago. I think it was only around £4 and it was definitely worth the money, I love neutral colours, they are pretty much all i wear, and these colours are so nice and pretty, there are a mixture of shimmery and some matte colours, and you can create a really pretty neutral eye from these. This smaller palette is good if you dont want to much choice, because the palette above, you have alot of choice, however with this palette it is easier to choose which colours you want to use.











The third palette I have been loving this month (Yes i have chosen 3 palettes for my favorites!)
Is also by w7 and it is the "w7 in the nude palette". This palette is very similar to the other w7 one, however this one has more pinky shades in. I got this for Christmas and I use it alot, I switch between this one and the other 2.










Next up, Is a contour and highlight duo from collection. This duo is so cheap but such good quality. The colours are very pigmented and you only need a little and it goes a long way. For the price it is amazing quality!










Ok, next up on makeup. A lipstick I have been using almost EVERY DAY! Dont know why I felt the need to put it in capitals, I just love this lipstick a lot :)
It is the "Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick" in the shade 08.
I absolutely love this lipstick, it is only a cheapish drug store/high street lipstick but i just love the colour, it is a brown. neutral lipstick, and i just love pairing this with a neutral eye. I am often not brave enough to wear bright, garish colours, so i enjoy this one because it is just more natural and not so in your face :)












The second lipstick I have been liking this month is also by Rimmel Kate moss, and it is the colour 05, this colour is very different and not really the sort of colour i would normally wear, however i really like this. It is a sort of bright, sort of dark pink (wow i am so good at describing colours)
I wear this lipstick when i am feeling a bit more brave, the colour is very pretty and the pigment is really good! Cool! Great explanation Megan!








Smelly Faves!




Ok so a smell that i have been loving for the past few months is the "DKNY be delicious" perfume. I looooove this perfume. I used to wear this when I was about 11 and 12 when I first started dating my boyfriend and it brings back so many memories and I smell it and I just get deja vu. The smell is also amazing, I cannot describe scents so i shouldn't even try, but it is slightly sweet and slightly appleish, it just smells delicious!















Another smell that I have loved is the "Hollister Solana Beach" body mist. Some people might think that this is a bit of a weird smell to be wearing in the winter, because it is very sweet and fruity and fresh so it is more of a summer fragrance, but i just love the smell so i cant not wear it.




















Random Faves





My first random favourite is my diary :)
Its nothing special or a specific brand I bought it from Amazon because i thought it looked cool and funky (that sounds really lame, does anyone actually use those words anymore)
This is in my favourites because it has helped me to keep organised. I use it to write down the blog posts i want to do and the YouTube videos i want to make and when i need to upload them and post them. So it has really helped me to stay organised and on top of things.















My final favourite is a phone case! I saw this in Zoellas whats in my bag video and I just had to buy it! It is very expensive for a phone case, i dont think i will ever spend that much on a phone case again it was £20 something, but i just had to get it. And i do really love it, it protects my phone in a cute way because you just slot it into his little mouth, its so cute!! I love it!




















I hope you enjoyed this, sorry for the long post but i had quite a few favourites! I hope you enjoyed reading. Please leave in the comments if you have tried any of the things i have mentioned and wether you have liked them or not.
Thanks for reading


Love Megan ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment