Wednesday 8 June 2016

Using Sudocrem as a face moisturiser?




Hello again lovelies!


So I was contacted a couple of weeks ago and was asked if I wanted to try out the Sudocrem skin care cream. So this product was sent to me but of course all opinions are honest and my own :)















When I first saw this product it literally brung back so many memories of seeing it as a child or my mum using it on my younger brother. Probably like alot of people I always just thought Sudocrem was a cream for bums and nappy rashes, but it turns out it isn't!

I was a bit sceptical and nervous about tying this just because I never thought this could be used as a moisturiser on your face. I even had to look up other reviews online just to double check that I can put this on my face and I found out you can so I gave it a try.

Ok so this retails at £2.09 from superdrug, which is so cheap! It doesn't come in the typical huge tub that I used to see when I was younger it comes in a nice convenient little tube. 


This is what it claims to do on the website "Sudocrem Skin Care Cream is an everyday cream designed for teenagers and young adults with spot prone skin. It can also soothe little rashes and dry patches and is perfect as part of a daily skincare routine to help maintain beautiful, healthy skin."


The cream is very thick and it applies very thick on the skin which was so weird when I used it for the first time because it really doesn't feel like a normal moisturiser it takes a long time to rub in and it leaves your skin very white. And it also still has the same smell that it did when I was younger, I was getting deja vu while applying it


I used this at night before I go to bed because I personally find it too thick to apply in the morning because it takes so long to rub and sink into your skin and it leaves your skin very white so I personally couldn't really use it in the morning if I had to apply my makeup and go out somewhere.


This is how it looks when you only apply a small layer, you can see that it is very white



 So I have been using it at night I have used it 2 ways, I either apply quite alot of the product and make a face mask out of it or apply a smaller amount and just use it as a thick face cream before bed. Both ways worked very well. I woke up the next morning and my skin was alot less red and my dry patches had gone down drastically so it definitely does what it says its suppose to, I haven't really noticed a difference in terms of spots and things but I might over time


My skin was alot smoother and healthier looking it honestly made a big difference to my skin, I suffer with very dry skin so I am very glad I found this and I think this is definitely going to become an essential skin care item and for only £2.09 its a bargain!

As well as using this on my face I also thought I would give it a go on my elbows, because I always get very dry elbows and nothing I do seems to cure the dryness, but I used this and the dryness drastically improved, it didn't completely go but it wasn't flakey and horrible anymore and the dryness had gone down alot! And I have tried so many moisturizers to try and help with my dry elbows and nothing ever worked but this actually did


So to sum everything up, the down sides to this is that it is very thick and hard to apply and leaves your skin very white, but the positives are that this honestly works so well and if you suffer with dry and red skin like me then this is amazing, and really does help with any dry patches and really does reduce redness, and for only just over £2.09 it is definitely worth it



So this was my experience trying Sudocrem skin care cream. Let me know if any of you guys have tried this on your face and what you think?


I love you all and I hope you have an amazing day!


Love Megan xx








No comments:

Post a Comment