Thursday 28 April 2016

Top 4 foundations for dry skin!




Hello you lovely bunch!
Today I am going to be writing something that is always so helpful and useful
for me and definitely helped me when I was choosing which foundations to buy.
I suffer with very dry skin so when I wear foundations
it can look very dry, dull flaky and just overall gross!
So it puts me off wearing foundation completely, however I have found a few foundations
that I love and that I think work great for my very dry skin!
I have chosen my top 4, these are in no particular order and I hope you find this helpful! :)











1. MAC studio sculpt foundation (high end) - £24-25.50




This is the only high end foundation I am mentioning because I haven't really tried may high end makeup products and I know some people (including me) don't have the budget for that. 
But if you are looking for a high end foundation that is amazing for dry skin then I would definitely recommend this one!!

I have been using this for a couple of years now and this is amazing for dry skin it doesn't cling onto those dry patches and make your skin look flaky! It makes your skin look soft and dewy and I would say this is a full coverage foundation so it also makes your skin look flawless!

The only thing I dont like about this, as well as the price, is that for me personally it feels very thick and heavy on the skin but that is because its a full coverage foundation. This is why I don't wear this every day I only wear it for special occasions.











2.  Revlon colorstay normal/dry skin - £12





So this is the second foundation that I am recommending. this one is a drugstore/high-street foundation so a bit more affordable than the MAC foundation. I think they also have this for combination/oily skin so be sure to get the normal/dry skin one when purchasing this.

I would say this is a medium coverage foundation so less coverage than the MAC foundation. I would also say it has a slightly dewy finish, which personally I love!

You slightly feel like you are wearing foundation with this one but it is not as thick and heavy as the MAC foundation.

Once again this foundation is amazing for dry skin and just applies so well and makes you look so dewy and healthy and NOT dry and flaky :) which is obviously what we want!

The only down side to this is it doesn't have a pump so I always pour out too much but if you are willing to get past this to have a really good foundation, trust me it is worth it!












3. Bourjois healthy mix serum - £10.99



The next foundation amazing for dry skin is this bourjois healthy mix serum, this is a gel foundation and I absolutely love this!

This is a slightly newer discovery for me and I am obsessed. This is a perfect every day foundation I think it has a light coverage that you could build up to a medium coverage, so I think it is perfect for every day! This gives you a fresh, healthy dewy finish and it also smells soo good which is a bonus

This has a pump unlike the Revlon foundation so that is also a bonus!

This foundation feels very light on the skin which I love, you don't even feel like you are wearing foundation!

I would definitely recommend this foundation for dry skin I am in love with it!












4. Rimmel lasting finish nude foundation - £7.99






This is the cheapest foundation out of the 4 foundations, but probably one of my favourites for every day. This is a medium coverage foundation.

This also has a pump which is very handy!

When I wear this I don't even feel like I have anything on my skin, it doesn't feel horrible and thick and cakey it just feels so light and natural!

The finish is beautiful and makes you look healthy and fresh! And definitely doesn't accentuate those dry patches! It just makes your skin look so good and healthy and its only £7.99 I am obsessed :)
















Ok so I really hoped this helped, I definitely recommend you try these if you have
dry skin and want to try a new foundation!

Let me know if you have tried these and what you think or if
you have dry skin and have any other foundation recommendations!
I would love to know!

Thankyou for reading, I hope you all have an amazing day!


Love Megan Rose





No comments:

Post a Comment